Diablo 3 updating blizzard launcher stuck

I added Diablo 3 to Steam, and now at startup I force Steam to use every other logical processor with the utility.

diablo 3 updating blizzard launcher stuck-84

So I decided to pre-download Diablo 3 for the release date.

My downloader is at 100% and has been for some time. I tried running the now-complete that was downloaded and it's telling me I cannot due to it being in use by another program (likely the downloader). The Blizzard downloader is a P2P client, even if it has finished downloading it stays open to let others download from you. The downloader is based on Bit Torrent, an extremely robust protocol for downloading.

After pre-ordering tonight and downloading the client to be ready for Tuesday, we ran into the same problem and thought all hope was lost. Close it, and ctrl alt delete and end the “Agent” process. Go to C/programdata/battle.net/agent and run the “Agent” executable 4. An user on the forums posted his version of the C:\Program Data\Battle. All you have to do is replace his version with your old version, and hopefully everything should work (as it did for me).” -SCH from comments - Fix #5 Additional Notes: If you get a decryption error it means you probably didn’t finish the download. decryption error might also indicate a corrupt download.

Graev has Windows Vista and could not get past the “Updating Setup Files” little window that came up. ) This one worked for me: try and find the agent application in the folder (for example C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\battle.net\Agent). Check the folder you downloaded your files into for any that say . Run the downloader in the same directly you chose originally and it should fix the files automatically and/or finish downloading.

I'm aware that closing the downloader and then reloading it to resume where it left off and finish whatever last second stuff it has to do is an option, but since its 'stuck' I'm worried something might go wrong. Check out the button on the lower right, if the download is over it should read "Finished" or something like [email protected] Robot thank you that worked! apparently some kind of error had fooled it into thinking I was done and thats why it was stuck. It is minimally phased by crashes, disconnections, partially downloaded files being deleted or much else.

Whenever it starts up again it scans through all chunks and if any are wrong/missing it redownloads. It will either think it needs updating and never find anything or it will think it is done updating and still need more.

I did some experimenting and it seems to hit once the # of available logical processors hits 17.

If it’s 16 or less, no matter how you spread them around the two physical processor sockets, it’s fine.

Usually this has something to do with Thank you for your interest in this question.

Tags: , ,